Children’s Hospital Woodbridge NJ
What is Kinder Pediatric Urgent Care?
There are instances when your child experiences a health issue that although not life-threatening, does require immediate medical attention to ensure that the condition will not get worse (Note: all children complaining of life-threatening conditions should be immediately rushed to the nearest Emergency Room). More often than not, your child’s pediatrician may not always be available for immediate appointments. This leaves the parent with no other choice but to make an unnecessary and expensive trip to the emergency room, and wait for hours before the child is evaluated by a Physician, or go to an urgent care facility that does not specialize in pediatrics. Studies have shown that majority of emergency room visits are not life-threatening and that patients, after waiting for hours to be seen by a physician, are either told to go home or advised to see their pediatrician.
We, at Kinder Pediatric Urgent Care Center understand this dilemma that concerned parents face, and as a solution, we offer one-stop, full-service, walk-in medical facilities that specialize in pediatric medical care. With our main goal being to provide care when your child needs it, we offer clinic hours that work with your schedule – and no appointment is necessary. We also offer a comfortable and caring environment for your child. Upon arrival at our Center and completion of the registration process, your child will be triaged. Subsequent to triage, wait times are usually minimal to see a Pediatrician. Please keep in mind that if you believe your child’s condition is life-threatening, you should rush to the nearest emergency room. In addition, if your child presents at our Center with a life-threatening illness, we will send the child to the emergency room.
In addition to saving you time, there can be a financial benefit to urgent care as well. In most cases, your urgent care co-pay will almost always be lower than your emergency room co-pay.
Why Kinder Pediatric Urgent Care?
At Kinder Pediatric, the moment you come to us, expect that you will get nothing but excellent medical care for your child.
- Our dedicated staff consists of board-certified pediatricians that are highly-qualified and experienced to provide excellent medical care to accommodate most urgent situations
- We have state-of-the-art facilities offering:
- On-site laboratory testing for almost all blood and urine tests, with the results to be delivered immediately
(some will be sent to an outside laboratory)
- High-speed digital x-rays that can be downloaded to a CD or sent electronically to another physician
- Complete medical equipment designed specifically for both pediatric patients, and patients up to 21 years of age
- Comforting, caring environment for your child
- We are open seven days a week and on most holidays
(except Thanksgiving and Christmas)We offer lower out-of-pocket costs as compared to visiting the emergency roomWe accept most insurance plans
- We offer convenient hours in the evenings during weekdays and extended hours all day and evening on weekends
- With no appointment required, you can just walk-in and receive prompt medical attention – no long lines and waiting hours!
- We provide ample free parking
- Conveniently-located clinic